Pan-searing enriches the sweet natural taste of the potatoes we turn into crispy rounds as a holiday side dish or to add to salads or serve as an appetizer topped with cheese or salsa or as desired.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 tablespoon or more coconut oil
- Salt, pepper
- Sprinkling of Italian herb mix
- In a medium saucepan with Teflon ™ nonstick coating, blanch the whole potatoes 5-6 minutes; remove to cutting board.
- Slice potatoes into ½-inch medallions.
- In a bowl, gently toss potatoes with salt, pepper, herbs.
- Melt coconut oil in a large skillet with Teflon™ nonstick coating.
- Add potatoes to the skillet.
- Brown potatoes (about 6 minutes); turn; cooking a few minutes more.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Add remaining rounds to pan with a dab of more coconut oil if needed.
- Serve as is or add a few medallions to a salad sprinkled with pumpkin seeds that were toasted stovetop in a small skillet with Teflon™ nonstick coating.